Saturday, June 16, 2012

How 80's Hair Metal Almost Destroyed Rock Music

Dee Snider: Telling it like it is!

   I was a teenager in the 80's when the whole Hair Metal scene was at it's peak. I personally hated hair metal, I was more of a metal head. 

Me, sometime around 1987-88

   Ultimate Guitar's website appropriately called Hair Metal, "Cookie cutter, fast food rock." I frankly find it offensive that they even used the word metal when naming this genre.



                                   
  
Let's hate on Hair Metal some more shall we?


   In my opinion it was a great day when Nirvana finally came around to save rock music by putting a giant mirror to the face of Glam Metal so they could all realize just how ridiculous they looked, sounded, acted etc...


Old 80'S Monsters of Rock Commercial 


   All that emo crap thats out there now is music's modern day version of Hair Metal. Well I guess every generation has to have that one style of music that they'll feel ashamed about 30 years later.

_________________________________________


   Ok as a treat I'm posting the 1988 documentary film The Decline of Western Civilization Part 2: The Metal Years. Directed by Penelope Spheeris, who would later go on to direct Waynes World, This film sums up what was going on back then better than anything else I could say. 

 If you have the time, I recommend watching it even for no other reason than to just make fun of it.

 

The Decline of Western Civilization Part 2: The Metal Years - (1988) Full  Movie






No comments:

Post a Comment