Friday, April 3, 2015

Why I Hate Dave Grohl: Part 2


   If you missed Part 1 of Why I Hate Dave Grohl you can view it HERE.

  So let's quickly review the reasons why Dave Grohl sucks that we covered in part 1:

Ultra Lame All Star Benefit Concerts

 

  Playing at the White House in front of the establishment in a suit and tie, doing the Kennedy Center Honors twice and performing in every single celebrity all star jam or benefit gala is not Rock N Roll. Rock music has it's earliest roots as an underground movement. It's at its best when it's an underground movement. The moment you make rock a mainstream thing and put it on stage at the White House or Kennedy Center with a bunch of rich white people, it's no longer rock and roll, it's pop music.




THE MUPPETS


Playing with The Muppets is not funny, it's not cool and it's definitely not Rock N Roll. Do you really wanna go to a Foo Fighters concert and sit with a bunch of crying, shitty kids who are there because they saw him play with the Muppets?



He Hosted Chelsea Lately



Hosting late night talk shows and doing stupid skits is something Johnny Carson should do not a Rock Star. The only cameras I want my rock stars in front of are mugshot cameras.


Pop Music

 
Ever since The Color and the Shape, the Foo Fighters have been making the exact same album over and over again. It's highly commercialized and formulaic music. Adult contemporary garbage with absolutely no artistic merit or relevance. Calling the Foo Fighters rock is like calling Taco Bell authentic Mexican Cuisine.


Why I Hate Dave Grohl:  Part 2

 Dave Grohl is nothing more than a professional celebrity, and the Foo Fighters are one of the most contrived and soulless bands I’ve ever heard. I’m not sure what makes me want to take my life more: the pseudo pithy lyrics or the grating self satisfied music. I try real hard to ignore him and the Foo Fighters but between Nirvana’s induction into the Rock & Roll hall of fame, the release of Dave’s “Sound City” documentary and the bloated HBO series “Sonic Highways” that accompanies the new Foo Fighters record, he’s fucking everywhere So here are some more reasons why he sucks:

His Lyrics are Shallow and Without Substance

Here's a lyrical example. I'll let the words speak for themselves:

Buried my heart, cannot go this alone
And I might think you love me 
But I know damn well you don't


or 

Holding my breath I waited and waited
How'd the simple life get so complicated?
Shoes to fill, secrets to spill down you


or


Desperate, meaningless
All filled up with emptiness
Felt like everything was said and done

I lay there in the dark, I close my eyes
You saved me the day you came alive
  
or



Beautiful prisoner, left here for dead
Promises made and sentences read
Voices and visions are locked in my head
I could sing for sorrow


This bad emo poetry is the type of shit I would expect to find in a runaway teenage girl's diary after she killed herself and her mom is going thru her room and finds volumes and volumes of this.   



Mediocre Guitar Playing
The Foo Fighters music is so lame even a 9 year old girl can easily play it.  Which raises another important point. If 9 year old girls want to play your music then you are definitely not Rock N Roll.




He Smiles on Stage


What the hell are you smiling about? There's no smiling in Rock and Roll! Rock Stars should look angry when they play like this:


Or this is acceptable as well:




Sonic Highways

I’d almost be willing to even give David Grohl some props for his Sonic Highways documentary series on HBO about musicians whose music, unlike his, can rightly be considered art if only he didn’t end every episode with one of his God awful musical masturbatory anthems. He managed to turn what could’ve been an interesting series on musical history into a platform to promote his musical bowel movements.

  For example, Buddy Guy is one of the Blues players featured in the Chicago episode. During the course of the interview he says that he went “looking for a dime and found a quarter,” regarding his search for a life as a musician in Chicago. Sure as shit by the end of that episode Dave is shrieking the phrase over and over again in the Chicago “influenced” song, “Something from Nothing.”



His Hall of Fame Acceptance Speech


did anyone see his acceptance speech for Nirvana at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction? It had a lot of awkward F words & other profanity like he's trying to be all badass. And while he gave shout out's to his people back in Virginia or wherever he doesn't give one mention to KURT COBAIN! it was grotesque. 


 I sum this up by saying that in all my Dave Grohl hate research, I am confident when I tell you that the wrong member of Nirvana died.

We should be listening to Nirvana right now NOT the Foo Fighters.

Dave Grohl’s post Nirvana career is an insult to Kurt Cobain’s legacy. I can’t help but think that Kurt would have nothing to do with Dave were he alive.

  Of course, Kurt took care of what Kurt thinks a long time ago and despite it being a futile exercise to speculate, I’m pretty sure he would think the Foo Fighters suck and that Dave should stick to drumming.


And I say this with the realization that the Foo Fighters are just 5 years away from being eligible to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. 
 
 





 





No comments:

Post a Comment