Monday, April 9, 2012

A Blog for the Mentally Guitarded

 
Jamming


When your focus is entirely in the present moment instead of re-living the past or worrying about the future, you are in this zone where nothing can mess with you. Even if you are doing nothing except observing your breathing, you are living completely in the present. You are in acceptance of what is, and have stopped fighting against the natural flow of life. 

  There are many different forms of meditation, but it all comes down to keeping your focus entirely in the present moment by concentrating on a sound, visualization, breath, instead of allowing the usual random thought activity that is usually occuring in our heads. Trying to find that "space between our thoughts." Learning how to get there and learning how to get better at staying there for longer periods of time.

  For me, guitar playing is like meditating. When I play, I'm not thinking, just doing. Completely focused on the present moment. When I'm jamming I'm just playing what comes naturally. Going with the flow, playing with my heart, not my head. Going wherever the music takes me. Trusting my gut instincts. Not worried about whats gonna happen next. Whatever direction the music takes me is fine, I'll just roll with it.

  Thats what jamming is all about, but what I really want to do is not to just jam on the guitar, but jam thru life.

  Jamming thru life means, living completely in the present. Totally in the moment and completely into whatever situation life has presented you with. Unburdened with the past and unconcerned with the future. Trusting your intuition.

  It occurred to me by intuition, and music was the driving force behind that intuition. My discovery was the result of musical perception. (When asked about his theory of relativity) - Albert Einstein


Even Einstein was Jamming when he discovered the Theory of Relativity!

No comments:

Post a Comment