Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Guitardedblog.com Presents: Bands You May Not Know - But Will.

White Minorities
on
Guitardedblog.com



  Not that I know that many up and coming local bands but from time to time I do want to share with whoever is reading this (besides me, I still have no followers yet), all the good music that all my friends out there are doing.  And we're gonna start with my buddies from Sacramento CA, the White Minorities. But first for those of you not familiar with Sacramento, I really gotta explain a little bit about the city of Sacramento, where these guys come from.

   In my experience living in Sacramento the city is extremely laid back, and culturally and musically diverse.  It's like the city experiences a kind of 'cultural contact high'  from being just close enough to the Bay Area, and the rest of Northern California.
  Just some of the artists to come from this area include everyone from Lee Greenwood, and Club Nouveau to Tesla, Cake, Papa Roach and The Deftones, to The Cramps. See I told you, there's all sorts of crap going on over there, and I haven't even brought up all the damn Star Trek bands.



  The White Minorities sound is hardcore, its raw, it's metal, and if the venues they play at had a swear jar, there would be enough in it after their set to buy the entire crowd a round of drinks , yet its also hip, rhythmic, and funky. It reflects the diversity of the city they live in. The first time I heard these guys, their sound reminded me of Limp Bizkit, meets System of a Down, meets Suicidal Tendencies. The website lo-cal.com calls their sound, Hardcore/Psychedelic/Rap, which I think misses the point. The band calls their sound Ghetto Metal.
  And in case you're wondering, if you ever go to one of their shows, you won't find yourself standing out alone amongst a sea of Neo-Nazis, or figures in white hoods burning crosses on stage. The band name does not imply any racist, or White Supremacist undertones at all. In my opinion, and I'm sure they will let me know if I'm wrong about this, but the name is kind of a protest against political incorrectness, or like I always say, Joke you if you can't take a f*ck!
  What I like most about the White Minorities is that their shows are entertaining, the music just rocks, there's always good looking girls at their shows (not that they ever talk to me or anything. but thats cool cuz tho cuz I wouldn't know what to say to them anyways so I just sit there and stare at boobs all night) and although I'm afraid I might ruin their street cred or something if I say this, but they are, personally, just a fun, and cool bunch of people to be around.

...They also never said anything to me about the fact that here in Arizona before I got married, I used to get girls with their cd by pretending I used to be in the band, "but left to pursue a solo career." Thats how cool the White Minorities are, I have no social skills (unless I'm drinking), have, ADD/OCD/Aspergers, have to take a steady diet of anti-depressants and anti-psychotic meds just to keep myself somewhat sane, and their music can even get me girls! Now I'm not saying it was like fishing for dynamite, but it did work once or twice...ok definitely once, and almost twice, but for me thats really good. Thanks White Minorities, you are all my out of state wingmen.

But not right now because I'm married.

Ok I'm gonna shut up now and just let you hear it for themselves


White Minorities are:

Kyle Landsberger / Guitar, Vocals
Brett Davis / Lead Guitar
T-BoNe Jones / Bass Guitar
Jeremiah Landsberger / Drums / Vocals

Links

White Minorities on Youtube  Here
White Minorities on Facebook Here
White Minorities on Reverbnation Here

No comments:

Post a Comment