Monday, April 9, 2012

Playing Guitar to Get Girls

Guitardedblog.com


  I first started playing guitar at age 9. I didn't get serious about until I was 13. The reason I got serious? to get girls. Unfortunately, on the extremely rare occassion I did get a girl, I had no idea what to do with her.
  In high school I was part of the rocker, metal-head crowd. They were the only ones that would have me. Oh yeah, and this was in the 1980's too. We had a guitar class in high school. All the metal heads were serious about learning and developing our skills.
  The guy in this funny Youtube video reminds of the other type of person that was in our guitar class. The clean-cut, all American, pretty boy, popular crowd, Oakley Sunglasses, Swatch Watch, Top 40, conformist preppy guy, who would take the one chord he learned in class that day and would be out on the quad, strumming it over and over again. The entire time he's surrounded by girls who are looking all captivated and swooning over him while saying stuff like, "Oh my God! you're like SO talented! Thats Amazing!" Kinda like the scene in Better of Dead where the bad blonde skier guy is playing guitar.


That made the real guitar players like me sick.

 I did have better luck in my late twenties and early 30's. I would maybe have one or two dates a year. Sometimes, I wouldn't know how to make it seem not seem so obvious that I'm trying get her to a place where she can listen to me play, so I would just take with me and just be honest and say, yeah I brought my guitar because if all goes well I will play it so I can impress you and get you to make out with me.
  Now I am NOT an expert on women but that direct approach seemed to work for me. I kinda come across as eccentric, odd and possibly some sort of mad genius, having the guitar around at least focuses people vaugue perception of me down to a definite image of an eccentric musician.
  Or maybe I was lucky to meet women who weren't put off when their date shows up to a movie theater or restaurant with a guitar case.

ok here's part two.


My Favorite Songs to Play for a Girl at the End of the Date
  • ***NOT THAT I LIKE ALL THESE SONGS, THEY'RE JUST THE ONES THAT WORK BEST WHEN PLAYING FOR YOUR DATE***
  • Every Rose Has It's Thorn - Poison
  • Pretty much any other 80's Hair Metal Ballad that has that G, Cadd9, D chord thing going on
  • Everlong - Foo Fighters
  • Street Spirit - Radiohead
  • Blackbird - The Beatles
  • Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd
  • Soul To Squeeze - Red Hot Chili Peppers
  • Disarm - Smashing Pumpkins
 There's just a few, that I find help paint the picture of yourself as the talented, and sensitive musician with maybe hints at having a dark side. I've learned if you just barely hint at maybe having a dark side, women seem to like that. When you play for your date, don't look at the guitar or the girl, just kinda sadly stare off into a corner. Even better if you can sing along to what you're playing. If you're like me and aren't really good at eye contact anyways, playing the guitar will let you look artisic and cool instead of creepy and scary because you're not making eye contact.

  Well thats what has worked for me in the past. I don't claim to be an expert on dating or women, or music, or guitar or socializing. I find it easier to learn a foreign language than trying to figure out women, and dating. But I'm old enough, and smart enough, and like the natural researcher I am, I've found out thru others, media, print, and trial and error, things that work and don't work so much when
it comes to women and dating and all that.

  Learn guitar or any instrument, or just be good at anything, and let other people see you doing that.  Watch the movie The Tao of Steve, which goes into more detail on that.  Unless there's alcohol around to loosen me up, that damn is guitar is the only real way I feel comfortable socializing.
  
  Well I've found that in past that has tended to work

No comments:

Post a Comment