Monday, January 13, 2014

Answers.com




I'm officially a guest author on www.guitar.answers.com. I've written my first article on whether or not parents should buy a cheap or expensive guitar for their child. 

here's a link to the article

http://guitar.answers.com/beginner/buying-that-first-guitar-for-your-child 

 If you read it be sure to give it a good rating. 

  I'm not sure if I'm going to keep writing for them. When I was first approached, I was told that my writing was unique and my original input would be appreciated. However, my writing was immediately criticized for being too opinionated, and sounding more like a blogger than a serious writer. 
  The final article that emerged was extremely edited and all of the images I submitted were rejected except for the one image that you see with the article.

  I like the fact that I can write whenever I want and there are no expectations of me as to how much I want to write and when I want to write it. I'm more of a binge writer and I'm not really one to write on a consistent basis. The thing is I don't like being edited so I'm not sure if I will write anything else. 

  They really want informative articles that are uncontroversial, politically correct and un-opinionated. Not really my style but I might try it again in the future. 


  Perhaps being forced to write in a more conventional format will improve my writing and maybe open doors for me that would not have been opened otherwise. Who knows?



Please Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/guitardedblogg

No comments:

Post a Comment