Monday, June 3, 2013

Ask a Guitarded Person: The British Are Coming!

 This Weeks Question:


Why do most English singers sound American when they sing? - from my Brother Reverend Steve Galindo (and the only person to send in a question this week) visit his blog HERE


Answer:



  
 If Rock n Roll had started in England then we would all be singing in British Accents. Dr. House is correct once again. Rock and Roll is an American creation so it's sung in an American accent. But let's expand on that.


Good artists copy, great artists steal.- Pablo Picasso

  The singers from the British Invasion were inspired by the original rockers like Elvis, Chuck Berry, Carl Perkins etc...They wanted to be cool and sound like their idols. Later generations of British Rockers wanted to emulate those original rockers and so on...

   With the start of the Punk movement some rockers like The Clash and The Sex Pistols started to rebel against this and began singing with very pronounced British accents. Some American bands like Green Day even began to sing with a hint of a British Accent since they were inspired by some of those early punk bands like The Clash.


Send in your "Ask a Guitarded Person" questions to me at bloggeradmin@guitardedblog.com  

You can ask me anything about music, guitars, mental health. I'm in real need of some good questions so if you send me something you're pretty much guaranteed I'm going to answer it. And I will try to answer everything in as entertaining a manner as I can.

please also follow me on facebook and twitter.


Follow me on twitter @guitardedblog










No comments:

Post a Comment