Thursday, August 15, 2013

He Trusted You!

Andy Kaufman performing I Trusted You on The Midnight Special in 1977


  In 1977 Andy Kaufman performed on a show called The Midnight Special. In the episode, he  performs a song called "I Trusted You"The lyrics of which are simply the words I Trusted You performed over and over again.



 I wanted to share this because I always loved this performance. Not just because I find it funny but because I think you gotta be pretty gutsy to be a young up and coming comedian, you get a chance to be on national television, for all you know, you may never get another chance to be on television ever again. So do you bring out your best jokes in hopes of 'knocking 'em dead?' - No you just say screw it and sing I Trusted You for almost 4 minutes. 

 In that respect I think this is a ballsy and brilliant performance that's entertaining as hell.



  And in that same spirit here's another clip of a half naked Andy Kaufman performing Slim Whitman's Rosemarie on the David Letterman Show. It's almost as if he's daring you to be entertained.  So strangely brilliant.


Please follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/guitardedblogg


And on Twitter @guitardedblog

email me at bloggeradmin@guitardedblog.com




 

No comments:

Post a Comment